- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Police Department
- Contact Us
Special Meeting of the City Council of the City of Holland
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Holland, Texas will hold a Special Meeting to discuss the following agenda items on
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 6:45 p.m., at
Kuhlmann Civic Center, 107 West Travis, Holland, Texas 76534
- Call to Order
- Roll Call: Determination of Quorum
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Citizen Public Comments
The City Council welcomes public comments at this point on non- agenda items. This segment is limited to thirty (30) minutes to the first (10) speakers. Speakers must sign in to speak before the start of the council meeting and shall limit their comments to three (3) minutes. Speakers must address Council at the podium and give their name before presenting their concerns. Note: State law will not permit the City Council to respond to items that are discussed during public comments.
- Consent Agenda
All matters listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless the City Council members remove specific items from the Consent Agenda to the Regular Agenda prior to voting on adoption of the Consent Agenda. Removed items will be considered and acted on after a vote on the Consent Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes for August 31, 2020 and September 21, 2020 meetings
- Departmental/Staff Reports:
- Financial Reports
- Police Reports
- Utility Reports
- Discussion Building Permits – New Businesses
- Approval to Pay Bills for September 2020
REGULAR AGENDA: REVIEW/DISCUSS AND CONSIDER ACTION
- Discussion/Possible Action Items
- a) Public Hearing and take any action necessary on Ordinance Number _____.
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE FISCAL YEAR OPERATING BUDGET OCTOBER 1, 2020 – SEPTEMBER 30, 2021 FOR THE CITY OF HOLLAND, TEXAS AND APPROPRIATING THE SEVERAL SUMS SET UP THEREIN TO THE OBJECTS AND PURPOSES THEREIN NAMED AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
- b) Discussion and possible action necessary to ratify the Property Tax Revenue Increase Reflected in the Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Budget.
- c) Public Hearing and take any action necessary on Ordinance Number _______.
AN ORDINANCE LEVYING AN ANNUAL AD VALOREM TAX FOR THE YEAR 2020 SETTING SPECIFIC TAX RATES, APPLICABLE TO ALL REAL, PERSONAL, AND MIXED PROPERTY SITUATED WITHIN THE CITY OF HOLLAND CITY LIMITS; SETTING THE DUE DATE AND PROVIDING FOR PENALTIES AND INTEREST ON DELINQUENT TAXES.
- d) Discussion and possible action necessary on Ordinance Number _____.
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF HOLLAND, TEXAS, ESTABLISHING REGULATIONS FOR THE USE OF SEPTIC TANKS FOR WASTEWATER DISPOSAL WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS OF THE CITY OF HOLLAND; PROVIDING FOR ENFORCEMENT; PROVIDING A SAVINGS CLAUSE; PROVIDING FOR PUBLIC NOTICE; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
- e) Discussion and possible action – Septic Proposal for Lots on Corner of Hackberry Rd and Latham circle, asking for an exemption in reference to Ordinance #19 WS Y, amended October 2002, Article II section 1, mandatory connection to City system, to allow 6 proposed lots located on the corner of Hackberry Rd. and Latham Circle.
- f) Discussion and possible action – to Renew Contract with Rinehart Real Estate Inspections for two (2) years
- g) Discussion and possible action necessary on Ordinance No. ____.
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF HOLLAND, TEXAS, ADOPTING A BUILDING INSPECTION FEE SCHEDULE FOR THE CITY OF HOLLAND; REPEALING AND REPLACING ALL OTHER FEE SCHEDULES IN CONFLICT WITH THIS ORDINANCE; SETTING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
- h) Discussion and possible action – To accept the resignation of Mayor Charles Jennings
- i) Discussion and possible action – Secretary Position – Go thru Temp Services or Post
for Council to find and hire
- j) Discussion and possible action – Hiring of a new fulltime Officer
- k) Discussion and possible action – Providing cell phones to City employees
- l) Discussion and possible action – Hire Melissa Wilmoth for three (3) month to help with
- Announcements of future Council meeting dates
The Council may vote and/or act upon each of the items listed in the Agenda. The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items on this Agenda, whenever it is considered necessary and legal justified under the Open Meetings Act including: Section 551.071 (Consult with Attorney); Section 551.072 (Real Property); Section 551.073 (Gifts and Donations); Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters); Section 551.076 (Security Devices); and Section 551.087 (Economic Development). I certify that the notice of meeting was posted at City Hall (outside bulletin board) and the Kuhlmann Civic Center before 5:00 p.m. on Sept. 25, 2020 and remained posted for at least 72 hours continuously before the scheduled time of said meeting.
Anyone wanting to place an item on the Agenda for the following meeting please submit your written agenda item to the City Secretary no later than the Monday prior to the Meeting. The Mayor will review all items and decide if needs to be placed on the agenda for action. Agenda will be posted on the Friday prior to the meeting. Only emergency items will be posted after that date on a separate Agenda. All Employee Reports need to be given to the City Secretary by the Monday prior to the Regular Council Meeting.
In compliance with the ADA the Kuhlmann Civic Center is wheelchair accessible. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for persons attending city council meetings in need of special assistance. Please contact Paula Weir, City Clerk, at least 48 business hours prior to the meeting for special assistance.
Posted By: __Paula Weir________________ Date: __Sept. 25, 2020_______________
Paula Weir, City Clerk
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.
Small Taxing Unit Notice
The CITY OF HOLLAND will hold a meeting at 06:45 PM on September 29, 2020 at Kuhlmann Civic Center 107 W Travis Holland Texas to consider adopting a proposed tax rate for...
Discuss and vote to pprove the 2020 annual City of Holland Budget. This meeting...
Bell County now has a death toll of 35 and 3,706 recovered, acccording to Bell County Public Health District.
Governor's Executive Order (GA-29):
Face coverings required goes into effect...
Next Planning and Zoning Meeting September 14, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
The Area Agency on Aging wants to let everyone 60 years of age or over know that meals can be delivered to your home. This will be Monday thru Friday.
If you need more information please call...